04 Sep Part 5 of 10:10 Ways To Bring Vitality To The Life Of Your Elderly Parent: Memory Box
To read previous part, Part 4 of 10: 10 Ways To Bring Vitality To The Life Of Your Elderly Parent Click Here: https://www.virtueintegratedcare.ie/blog/words-in-words-game/
Whether a family photo, teddy from when they were young, swatch of clothing from a loved one; memory boxes hold items that bring us back to a moment in time that we cherished. When a senior opens a memory box, it can stir thoughts of happy moments in life and give that person something to talk about with their family members or peers.
Benefits of making a memory box include ;
- Exercise, touch and other senses are used in the creation of a memory box
- Cherished memories of a loved ones history, personal interests and youth can be explored and opens up a way to many conversations.
- Memory boxes can inspire conversation with caregivers, children or grandchildren.
- More insight into your loved one and their past will be gained. When you search for keepsakes to include in a memory box, you may find special items you did not realize the senior still had or was interested in.
- Spurred creativity from the creation of a memory box. Excitement in completion of a task will spur the individual to try being creative in other aspects.
Click here for continue reading: part 6 of 10:10 Ways To Bring Vitality To The Life Of Your Elderly Parent: https://www.virtueintegratedcare.ie/blog/exercises-at-home/